Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I've made a wonderful new friend

Hello everyone. Haven't posted in a little bit and much has happened.

On Thursday, April 17, 2009 I had to go to the ER early in the morning. The reason - I just couldn't breathe.... at all. It started the day before when around mid-day I was short of breathe. By the time I had to go home, I could only walk a few steps before stopping to catch my breath. By Thursday morning I just could not breathe at all and I was scared to death. My husband called 911 and the ambulance came to take me away. I was nebulized on the ride over to the hospital and again in the ER. After being nebulized, given a steroid and oxygen I was feeling better. The pollen count is pretty nasty out there this Spring but not THAT bad. Sooooo, what does it all mean? I quit smoking. These last 2 weeks have been HELL and I've put on weight (not happy bout that ;-( ) but at least I'm feeling better in my chest. I'm still using my inhaler as needed and taking Zyrtec but I'm managing. Gees, why do I have to be scared out of my mind to do something I shoulda done a long time ago. I may have an occasional cig here and there but just socially. My daily smoking days are OVER. But OHHHHH do I miss them......

Well, that's one BIG thing that's happened to me lately. The other nice thing that's happened is that I've made a new friend that happens to live quite close to me and shares my love of soaping. Actually, she is an expert and is selling her awesome products now. But we get along famously and I'm hoping that our hubbies will get along too! Luis and I are having them over for dinner this Saturday. I'm sure all will go well because her and her hubs are both super nice! Aren't new friends great!!!! Here's a pic of her and I at the farmers market last week:


No comments: