Friday, March 20, 2009

TGIF

Boy oh boy, long time no post. The holidays came and went and I didn't come near my blog. Oops. Well, my newest hobby is soapmaking. I'm obsessed with it and just can't get enough of it. I'm always thinking about what kind of ingredients will make the best bar of soap EVER. But since the cashflow is not flowing at the moment I am very limited in the kinds of ingredients I can buy. Soooo, I've made 3 batches so far with fairly inexpensive ingredients that can be found locally. Batch #1 and 2 worked pretty well but I had problems with batch #3. I had to rebatch it cause I didn't want to toss it. Now I have to wait to let it cure to see if it will be an acceptable and moisturizing soap.

I still have loads to learn but am happily willing to do it cause it's just so much fun. I'll post some pics of batches 1 and 2:



No comments: