Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My Papi's Apron

Growing up my mom was the only one who did all the cooking and she was a great cook! After my parents retired, my mom decided she didn't really want to be cooking every day anymore so my dad (I call him Papi, the way Cuban kids call their dad) took over. Lo and behold, and who ever knew, my dad was such a good cook???? All those years....and we never knew he had this hidden talent. His meals are mouth watering good and now my mother gets to enjoy all his cooking and his experiments, which all turn out divine. So, since my dad is almost impossible to buy anything for, I thought this would be the perfect gift for his b-day (which was a few months ago..I'm a little late...forever the procrastinator). It's not perfect by any means, I used no pattern, I just sort of made it as I went, but there is my love in every stitch :) Here are a few pics:






No comments: