Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Learning as I go

So, what's new, I've got a new soap to post. It's scented with Spiced Plum and smells absolutely delicious. My hobby is so much fun and I learn something new every time I make a new batch. The scents, colors, recipes,....FUN! When I'm feeling antsy, bored, or blue, I concoct a new recipe and whalla....a new soap is born. For the first time since my soapmaking adventurs started I've had a couple of batches seize on me, you know....soap on a stick. When this happens ya gotta move, move, move or you're in trouble with a bowl full of hardened soap. I've managed thus far to move fast enough to get it in the mold, thank goodness..but just barely!

Aside from the soaps I also baked a cake from scratch. I don't bake very often, it's just not my thing. But the other day it was a dreary day, raining, cold, and overcast gray skies. I wanted something sweet but didn't want to venture outside in the rain. So I used what I had in my pantry and made a lovely chocolate cake with buttercream frosting. It came out quite yummy and pretty too. Simple mind you, I'm not a baker, but a pretty color.

Right now I'm in the process of finding a new job as an administrative assistant. It's not going to be easy finding this job for the kind of money that I need, close to my house but I am ever hopeful that God will help me find this job that I so desperatly need. Of course, working from home would be my ideal situation, but really, how many legit "work at home" jobs are out there? Not many I'm sure. If anyone reading this knows of a legit full-time, good paying job that can be done from home let me know. I want to be employed by someone - not own my own business.

Well, that's all for now. Here are a couple of pics for you:



No comments: